This is a recipe I borrowed from my friend @committed_jay
He's a superhero trainer down in AUS, and legit LOOKS like he stepped out of a Hero-Comic!
These Pancakes have a double PUNCH of protein and antioxidants!
- 1 ¼ cups whole-meal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup Sucanat
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 8 egg whites (slightly whisked)
- 1 cup low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup low-fat or fat-free plain yogurt
- ½ cup fresh/frozen blueberries (*or any berries)
- Cooking Spray
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and make a well in the center.
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese and yoghurt in a small bowl. Pour into well and stir until just moistened.
- Add blueberries and fold into mixture.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high with cooking spray. Use ¼ cup of pancake mixture for each pancake.
- Cook until browned on both sides.
- Serve with fruit.
Makes: 12 pancakes
Time for Preparation: 25mins
Cooking Time: 12mins
- Bringing the egg whites to room temperature will help make them fluffier
- Egg whites and cottage cheese are a great source of protein without all the fat