Translation :: SHE FLIES ON HER OWN WINGS...
It's My Mantra & the inspiration behind this Scorching Arm workout!
Hands Up if >>>
Ladies: You planning to rock that Strapless number for New Year's Eve?
Fellas: Want to bring the cannons to the Christmas GUN SHOW?
3 Quick Tips to remember
1. There is NO such thing as SPOT toning or SPOT weight-loss.
To tone a muscle you need to lose fat! This is the biggie to keep in mind. Arm toning is not possible without losing fat. And, sadly, it is not possible to lose fat off of ONLY your arms. This means that if you want to tone your ARMS you need to start with CLEAN FOOD INTAKE & CARDIO, in order to lose fat from the WHOLE BODY.
2. You WILL need to lift Weights! < LADIES, YOU TOO!
Gasp! Sputter! "Oh no, I thought this was only TONING, I dont want to BULK UP"
For this mindstate you deserve a *BIG STINGING SLAP*
2 things you MUST commit to memeory
>>> MUSCLE BURNS FAT BETTER THAN FAT! Floopy ropey un-muscles are no contest to actual muscle in keeping the body metabolizing its own fat as a fuel source!
>>> Girls do NOT have enough testosterone to readily stack muscle fibers and add mass.
TRUST ME! It's VERY hard to add even 1" of mass on your arms (it took me 9 GRUELLING months!)
3. To EFFECTIVELY Recruit new muscle fiber cells, you must CHALLENGE your muscles.
i.e you need to go HAM (Heavy As aMutha) well... as HAM as you can! LOL! Also, By recruiting new muscle fibers, you avoid Bat-wing & arm cellulite (*eeeewwwww)
ALLATHAT being said...
>>> YOU NEED WEIGHTS - It's all Free-Weight based.
Ladies you CAN & should pick a challenging weight (*your purse is 10pounds, don't tell me you can only curl 4 lbs) you're aiming for 15-20 reps; Gents choose a weight where you can get 10-15 SOLID reps (*Form is KING) shoot for 10-15 reps.
NB - with men having T+ hormone, they don't need to hit as many reps to feel the deep burn in the muscle bellies, and they will in most cases, lift heavier. Therefore, to keep proper form, stick to the lower rep range.
(*My IRON MAIDENS, don't hate me! I know WE stay out-Beastin' most of these dudes out there, but I'm talking Gen-Pop, genetic stats - No disrespect, to anyone!)
Here's a Quick and Effective 30min INTENSE Arms Circuit to burn calories & make those muscles WORK! You CAN do the Circuit 3x!! YES.YOU.CAN !!
*It should take between 8-10mins per round depending on the rest you take (*30-60sec b/w each move)
1. Barbell Curl
- Feet shoulder width apart
- Hold barbell about shoulder width apart.
- Keep elbows in a neutral, but fixed, position by your side
- Using your biceps, lift the weight up to the top of your chest.
- Lower it slowly & without moving your elbows
2. Close Grip Barbell Bench Press (Laying on a bench)
- Use a manageable, but challenging, weight.
- Grasp barbell a bit narrower than shoulder width, unrack the bar and with a tight core, bring it down to your mid-torso (around the diaphragm region).
- Push the weight up using your triceps and lower it to the same position.
- Just before it reaches your chest fire it up in the pushing direction again before it gets a chance to rest on your body. (This prevents your chest from taking over with the weight lifting.)
3. Facing Palms Chin-Up (*yes, you can put ONE foot on a chair)
- Grasp the Pull-up bar at shoulder width.
- Allow the arms to be at full extension
- Pull the body upward, contracting the Biceps, as well as the latissimus dorsi (*those wings behind your armpits)
4. Dumbell Reverse Grip Bicep curl to Shoulder Press
- Holding two dumb bells resting on your thighs, standing feet shoulder width apart.
- Start with palms facing your thighs.
- Using the Biceps, curl the weight upward to the chest, palms are facing out.
- Push the dumb bells from the chest over your head, Pressing with the shoulders, until arms are extended
- Lower slowly until the elbows are back to 90degrees, and then back down to thighs.
5. Wide Position Push-Ups (*yes, if you MUST, you can do them on your knees)
- Start with your body in Plank position, move your hands outside of shoulder width, in-line with your armpits.
- Hold the core, and lower the body down slowly & controlled, making sure to keep the shoulders/hips/heels in a strong, straight line.
- When your elbows reach 90degrees Push upward through the palms to return to plank position
(*you can lower your chest to the floor, if you're able to)
6. Tricep Supination Kick backs
- Take a manageable dumb bell in one hand. Place the other hand and knee on a low flat bench.
- Keeping your back straight lift your elbow so that your upper arm is in line with your torso, and your thumb is facing forward.
- Slowly contract the triceps, extending the arm & lift the dumb bell until the arm is almost straight.
- As you extend rotate the thumb so its facing your hip, or upward (*will depend on the weight & your flexibility)
- Rotate back while lowering, controlled
7. 2-angle Flyes (Upright & Bent Over)
- Holding 2 dumb bells at your sides, palms in; feet shoulder width apart.
- Keeping the core tight, lift the arms outward & upward until the back of the palms reach the height of your shoulder caps (*deltoids)
- Lower slowly. As the dumb bells reach your sides, bend the knees slightly.
- Hingeing at the hips, keeping the back straight & the core tight, lift the arms out & upward again, until you reach level with your shoulder blades (*scapulae)
- Lower slowly & Stand upright
8. Forward Supination V-Raises
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your feet shoulder width apart, arms at your sides.
- Starting with the palms facing in.
- With arms straight but not locked, raise the weights diagonally in front of you, so that your arms form a V shape
- Lift until your arms are parallel to the floor, supinating (*rotating) the forearms, until the thumbs face in, palms face downward.
- Rotate back until palms face in again, and lower slowly back to thighs.
Now on the count of THREE, everyone front-double-bi flex, ready? 1...2...3... FLEXIN'
Mia - xo
(ps - If you absolutely don't have gym or equipment access, you can email me for at-home alternatives email@example.com)