Since a LOT of people inevitably choose January 1 as "THE DAY" they are finally going to commit to their health, "this year", I decided I would help those, who wish to help themselves, by providing daily challenges for the entire month! Thats 31 challenges to build/kickstart your fitness efforts for 2012!
Yes... if you follow me on TWITTER you've been getting them, so far...
Anywho, here's what you missed, if you aren't on the timelines...
- Jan 1
- 200 jumping jacks
- 100 body weight squats
- 60 dips - DEMO
- 50 pushups (knee ones are ok)
- 500 crunches
- Jan 2
- 200 lunges (2 feet = 1 rep)
- 50 pushups
- 5mins (total) plank
- 200 scissor legs (2legs = 1rep)
- Jan 3
- 150 pop-squats (as you come up from the squat, come onto your toes, or get a lil straight-leg air - 50 each position: close, neutral, wide)
- 50 tuck jumps (as you jump lift the knees to the chest)
- 100 plank jacks (plank position, feet move together & apart, like a jumping jack)
- 60 side tricep rises (30 per side; semi-prone position push up by the palm of your hand)
- Jan 4
- 25 sphinx push-ups
- 300 bicycle crunches (2 side = 1 rep)
- 250 mountain climbers ("plank run"; 2 legs = 1rep)
- 200 bodyweight Ass to Grass squats (break 90degrees & get that booty LOW!)
- Jan 5
- 50 Jack-knives (abs)
- 100 switch lunge hops (2 sides= 1rep)
- 10 > 1 Burpee countdown (push-up optional; do 10rep 15s rest, then 9rep 15s rest etc) OR 50 burpees
- Jan 6
- 10 5-point Push-ups ("star pushups") - DEMO
- 50 Front-Back LeapFrogs
- 60 dips
- 100 switch kicks (2 legs = 1 rep)
- Jan 7
- Jan 8
- 1000 Mountain climbers (2 legs = 1 rep)
- there are a few options here: 1000 straight, 2x500, 4x250, 10x100, 20x50 OR you can do 1min intervals (with 15s rest) at max reps, until all are complete
I Will post WEEK TWO next Sunday - please comment & let me know if you need demos for any of the other exercises.
Good Luck & Have FUN!