- EAT BREAKFAST
- Especially if you do BIG FAMILY dinners! Don't skip breakfast to "save up" room (*you will eat more, sure, but the calories aren't roll over, you can only process a said amount at a time, and the rest is STORED)
- CHOOSE/PREPARE CLEAN FOOD CHOICES
- There's no rule that says you HAVE to eat badly over the holidays, CLEAN foods CAN BE (*and usually ARE) VERY delicious!
- Yes, even during the holidays, it is STILL VERY IMPORTANT (*especially with the additional sugar & fats, you're indulging in)
- your FITNESS doesn't stop, just because you're off work!
- Bodyweight, Plyo, Go for a Run, hit the Kinect/PS3/Wii movement games...
- BALANCE YOUR MEAL
- Protein, Starch, Veggies, Fruit & yes dessert is OK (*all in Moderation!)
- USE A SMALLER PLATE
- The illusion of a full plate makes you feel more fulfilled in your amounts.
- EAT BY FOOD GROUP
- Do a lap for each of the categories (starch, protein, plant) OR combine 1 of each & eat in cycle - its free calorie burning if you have to walk to the food table, and causes you to eat slower & process the food better (if you don't have to get up)
- WATER (yes, again)
- another key about water, drink between laps, and after each plate, allowing time for the stomach to register satiety
- HAVE A COLORFUL PLATE
- dark greens, deep colored Veg, tomato-based sauces, lean proteins & Fiberous grains/starches are the better bets for the Holiday meals
- SIT DOWN TO EAT
- you tend to eat slower, when sitting, and therefore you register that feeling of being full before over-stuffing
- ENJOY EACH OTHER
- you're sharing the meal, so take time to enjoy the company around you. Smile & chat between bites & sips. The feeling of emotional satiety also prevents over eating.
- LIMIT THE LIQUOR
- yes, I know "what a buzkill" (*literally) but keep in mind all that imbibing is merely a liquid meal on TOP of the solids!
- CHOOSE DESSERT over DRINKS
- because of their weight, you typically eat LESS additional calories from solids, over liquids AND a lot of Holiday dessert HAVE a *kick* ...At least in MY family #HeyBlackCake #HeyTortuga)
- WATER (yes... A-GAIN)
- with all the alcohol, fat & sugar, don't forget to hydrate to avoid a food & frolic hangover
HAPPY HOLIDAYS Y'ALL!!
♥ Mia & Fam
ps - Going to post a yummy Brunch Recipe later. Little treat that my sis & I made for the fam, today!
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Maple Butter, Lemon Curd & Fresh Berries!